death wish


 

You have such a subtle way of calling me crazy

You'd rather wade in poisoned waters than call me

I'm such a fool for you and your million daydreams

Go ahead and set another fire beneath me


It's all an ode to nothing anyways

All your embers settle over my grave

Do you still say grace for me?

How long before your prayers forget me?


You can push me over the highest cliff

It won't break my bones like you did

Sorrowful while I tend to your wounds

You're such a mystery, why don't you want me like I do?


You have such a foolish way of loving me

You know I'd die for you if you'd asked nicely 

You're too polite and condescending to say you've been tempted to

Does the thrill of one's affection end once you feel it too?


It's all an ode to nothing anyways

As the waves hit my ship, I call it a day

And I'm coming back to you, why can't you wait

All my embers settle over your grave


My fingers shake as I write every thing I want to say

Are you a fool enough to burn my trust in the forged fires of a faithless day

Don't you care for me to bleed with some sincerity 

Why must you, pretend to win my love so earnestly?


I feel the taste of your fists on my lips

As I kissed your knuckles the last time I held you

If I had known that my memory of you would turn sour in your mind

I would've stayed and fallen prey to the hunt you called that night


It's all an ode to nothing anyways

Caught in your safety net you sailed away

Before dawn could ascend into my tenth house of faith

I always knew you were the trouble that kept mine at bay


It's all an ode to nothing anyways

You're a siren in the quiet of my lonely days

Only by love and money can a kinship be stained

You're a stranger to me now but I'll fight this wave


But I hope you know that I've been borrowing time

You found peace because I gave you mine

In all of these wars, our swords met just one time

It's all an ode to nothing but a death wish I've been making every night.


-auctor


July 19th, 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Sapphire - CANDOUR

marion - haven

Little Things

Prometheus - CANDOUR