Catherine
Catherine, it's Billy on the line
I hope its been long enough
Won't you just let me hear your voice one more time?
It's funny and it stills leaves me confounded
That after all this time away from you
Every time I think I've lost you forever
The stardust settles in the shape of your name on my pillow
But I owe you one, don't I?
You brought me back to life
You come alive in the fractured moonlight
Don't you make me ask you twice
If all was well, I wouldn't be here
Shaking senseless in the storm
Begging for another chance
Catherine, me you have abhorred
If I could give you every shooting star
For mending this broken heart of mine
It would take all of me that belongs to you already
If only you weren't a goddamn cinephile
But I owe you one, don't I?
Catherine, I've known it all my life
You're a sight to see in the dark of night
Catherine, won't you wait just awhile?
Should I attempt to fix the cracks in the walls we built in the war?
Or toss the armor we forged over the years into the ocean I've been running from?
Transfixed by the spirit of the sea that has carried you to me
Caught in the cross-fires of your tainted nobility
It amazes me how you found some sense
Just when I needed you the most
Catherine don't abandon the ship we sailed
I'm still anchored to your horizons
Catherine I tried to reach you again
But the city burned down all the phone lines to you
I've been sending my calls of help to the skies
For you I can come undone a million times
But I owe you one, don't I?
You brought me back to life
The scent of your Burberry still lives in my sheets
And your stardust is still all over me.
-auctor
July 18th, 2026

Comments
Post a Comment