The Last American Girl

 


Bottle my grief, let it sail the seven seas
I sink my teeth in your peace, I don't like what I see
Comb through the ashes that paved my roads
I'm wretched enough to live through the crescendo

I'm your last American girl
Bandaged my heart so I can treat yours
What would you give to have lipstick stains
On your collarbone, do you know?

I'm your last American girl
Wartime affairs are the only love you can afford
What would you give to have lipstick stains
On your collarbone, do you know?

Do you want another sleepless night
On a mattress made of stone and lies
Sink into the dust and boil in the blood
Of the fallen soul you can never let go

You and Me, the walking dead running free
Catch a thunderbolt, pocket your fears and revolt
This might be verbose, but now you know
Why the palacial life of a girl is no longer home

I'm your last American girl
Tell your mother I said hello
If your lover finds another kiss to keep
Save a single breath and set her free
She'll be a wartime wife with a grudge to keep
Stain her soul a violet that the skies can't bleed

The devil may care but you wouldn't lift your finger off the trigger
Because a war already lost is still a war worth fighting for
Look at how the dust settles into the ashes of a land once rich
Poppies bloom at the intersection of a land once lived

What is the worth of my love in the battlefield, do you know?
Would you wait, would you pray, would you breathe
Just one more breath to see me once more?

"Keep your uniform on Lieutenant"
Don't you know where the blood thickens, the mud begins?
You may have seen these in fantastical dreams
But you will lose your peace when it finds thee

You could dare to leave, but you could never run
I'm your ever rising shining sun
So catch another thunderbolt and bottle my sodden grief with yours
I'm your last American girl and only yours.

-auctor

July 16th, 2026


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Sapphire - CANDOUR

marion - haven

Little Things

Prometheus - CANDOUR